About me

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2-3 aint so bad!! finding the silver lining...

First off, I wanted to say Hello to the few new followers recently....I feel stupid even saying that b/c it  seems to imply that I offer something worth following which  I am not sure that I do. but I sure appreciate you reading what I have to say sometimes and offering me your wisdom and insight!! I do!
I have tried to respond to a few of you but I can't? I feel bad...once in a while I respond to a comment in my email and it will go to your email but now it just goes to Noreply@blogger.com  anyone know how to fix this???

I Promise I am trying to respond!!!....HELLO and thank you! I will try to get around to visiting you all on your blogs but I honestly have such limited time on here ...I'm sorry:(:( and sometimes I read but then my time is up before I have time to comment.

Let the healing begin!:

Okay...so I went and saw Dr. Foland yesterday and took him the XRAY. He CONFIRMED that yes indeed it is a stress fracture. He said I could do the water jogging and the eliptical if I don't feel any pain and the bike too:)
did you know that Water Jogging is EQUIVALENT to running on land? check out this article Raina sent me! thaks Raina!!! It is Fascinating how people who did ALL their running in water kept their same fitness level! NO LOSS. NO CHANGE IN 5K times, crazy huh? I almost think it would be good on my joints to do a few runs a week in the water if i could....

http://pfitzinger.com/labreports/water.shtml

If you like this, then check out the 7wk training plan he gives for those who are injured:

http://pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml



the GOOD NEWS is Dr. Foland said probably another 2-3 wks and I should be able to slowly get back into things. YAY! 2-3 is much better than 4:)

I asked him what kind of training plan I would be looking at to ease back  in and he said probably another 2-3 wks of only 4-5 days aweek and only 3-5mile runs...but that's okay!
I was thinking I MIGHT just be able to Pace my friend Valerie in her last few Miles at theHalf on July 4th so she can get her sub 2hr half marathon!!:):) we'll see.

Again, I am not sure WHY I feel so optimistic about this cruddy situation, but I do. I am more excited for my future as an athlete than Ever:) A little challenge is good for me;)

I took a few cheesy pics to show that I WAS in the gym yesterday:)...now you can see my NO MAKEUP face...I know I don't post enough pics of  this ..but here I am in all my 6am glory:D



 pumping some iron! woot woot!

Me doing ultra sound on my leg after....basically where you see the blue wand in this pic is right about where my stress fracture is:)


This morning I had every intention of getting up to do some cardio since I Haven't done any in a few day s but my 3yr old has an ear infection so I got a whopping 4 hrs of sleep last night. from 12-2am and then from 6-8am so I am feeling like a ZOMBIE! blah!.

I guess I will try tomorrow!

Want to give a shout out to JENN who is running her marathon this saturday!! GO JENN! This women is amazing...check her out if you haven't already done so. she has been a real inspiration to me lately and gives great sound advice;o) Go get 'em Jenn!!


11 comments:

  1. love your shopping car in the background. My toddler has one too and loves it! So glad you got some positive news about your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh another stress fracture victim! I got one in my cuboid bone in February and it was a bit of a journey recovery but now I'm back at it full force! I love your optomism. There is no point in being totally bummed over something you can't change! I used the time to learn how to cross train again and find a healthy balance in life without running! Now I also know how to not push myself too hard, which was a lesson I needed to learn! Happy Healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear the news.

    BUT....like you said, 2-3 is a good sign. Let the healing begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done my fair shair of pool running. Rope a partner into it with you and "race" them. :)Curious, has he suggested using the Alter-G (anti-gravity treadmill), I tested one out recently and was impressed with its rehabilitation uses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Hello!' back atcha:) you definitely "offer something to follow"! Every time I read your post I am inspired to go running or be more positive! I seem to connect with what you have to say in general. The 2-3 weeks are going to FLY by. I think I am going to try out the water jogging too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your great attitude, you are really approaching this situation with such great optimism and spirit! I am proud of you, and I hope u are ready to push my butt under the two hour mark in 3 weeks! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole! You sound like you are really in a great frame of mind after learning of the injury. I am SO glad that you only have a couple of weeks off left. It will go by quickly--especially once your child gets better. (hope that's quick!)

    Thanks for passing on the Pfitz pool running stuff. Hopefully some of your readers will benefit from it.!

    Love the gym photos! Don't expect me to post no-makeup pics of me :) haha.. I don't wear much, but what I wear keeps me looking in the proper decade.

    Looking forward to reading bout your help with your friend in the upcoming race :). Thanks so much for your heartfelt comment on my faith post. It meant so much.
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your arms look awesome! Whoo hoo for more time in the gym for looking svelt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2-3 weeks isn't so bad when you compare it four! You are having a great attitude about a crappy situation, and kudos to the gym pics, i try to never be near a camera with no make-up, you are so confident, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ladies are SO sweet, thank you. I think I look ridiculous without makeup, lol, so thanks. and I am going ot buy a water belt tonight so I'll let you know how the water jogging goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool...hello you have your own ultra sound machine! Hope it is helping. Love the gym shots...you are great! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!