About me

Friday, February 24, 2012

I am not being a snob and Boston Training week 8 recap...

I am not being a SNOB:

Okay...I give up! why can't i post comments anymore?
I have been trying for 3 days! I can't post comments on any ones blogs or replies to the comments here?
I have spent so much time on a variety of blogs commenting and then I hit enter and nothing shows up and it's gone. I gave up re-writing them after a few times and it just kept doing it:(
help?

Sickies...AGAIN? :/

Erika AND Steve are both sick.....and with 2 diff sicknesses. great. I have double the chances now of getting SOMETHING!
I really can't miss anymore key workouts.
I alreayd missed mile repeats this morning b/c I was up half the night with my 4yr old and now I have to make them up tomorrow.
I have my 2nd 20 on Monday and some more good workouts this week.
I have already prepared myself mentally that it is probably inevitable though and if I DO get sick again....this will be the 3rd time I miss a bunch of key components of training. TRYING not to dwell on the fact that I COULD be further ahead than I am.
do.not.think.about.it. Nicole.

This weeks RECAP:

So Sunday I ran my 10K which you can read about here and set a new PR.
I had to run another 8 miles that day which lead to 14 total miles...

then Monday was 15 progression which I was supposed to do slow since it sort of turned into a long recovery day. I felt pretty tired the last 5 miles, had to stop and stretch my hips quite a few times. Luckily I had Steph there to keep me going.
Then suddenly the last mile I picked it up...I'm weird like that sometimes...I wanted to see if I FORCED myself out of "tired and i don't want to run anymore" zone if I felt better...
well i did, last mile was 7:15...but the last QUARTER Mile, was like 5:45-6:15 pace and felt so good. strange run. ended up being an 8:15 average pace.

Tuesday: 5 recovery

Wednesday: 16 x 400 @ 1:30-1:35
Started out POURING rain so bad the track was flooded for the first repeat....so I waited a few minutes b/c I saw sun headed my way and it stopped! yay! made the rest of the workout SO much better!
here's how they went down:

1:33
1:29
1:33
1:31
1:31
1:31
1:31
1:30
1:29
1:29
1:29
1:30
1:29
1:28
1:29
1:26*** felt good pushing it more on the last one! ( i can't get it to stop highlighting) LOL

Thursday:
10.5 with Steph. Feeling REALLY Lethargic. Might be b/c I am getting my period....the week before is always REALLY hard for me with running/workouts....remember the whiny Hill workout post , yeah...well that was right before my period too:)

Today: SUPPOSED To be 5 x 1Mile repeats

I was up all night with my daughter so I slept in and ran an easy 4 this morning and 3 this afternoon....and STILL felt terrible.
Going to attempt the mile repeats tomorrow:)

It's almost Midnight....my bed is calling....


9 comments:

  1. Great job on the repeats! I was so lax with speedwork over the winter I fear I am paying for it now, although maybe my 400s sucked because I was sick this week. Ugh. I am going to try to channel some of your speed :)

    Hope everyone in your house gets to feeling better soon, my house is just starting to feel up to par, it has been a long week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've still had a great week even if you had to make some changes. You'll still be prepared when you toe the line in Boston! Trying to fit in training with real life is tricky, and missing a workout won't break your training. Plus you have the heart of a champ and the fighting will to go big or go home on race days. Don't beat yourself up when you have to let a workout go, instead remind yourself of all the great workouts you were able to put in :)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I love to read about your training plans for Boston! I know how tough it can be to miss or change workouts - I had to do the same today! But I always figure "other" parts of my life are because of the action!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, 1st of all- I would NEVER call you a running snob! :-) You have had one tough week of workouts and I think it was a smart call to push mile repeats off one day. (I can't believe you ran 8 more miles AFTER racing in a 10K!! After my 10K I was done. The next day I had to run 14 and my legs were still so tired from the 10K!)

    Hope everyone gets healthy and stays that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a snob, lol- Great reapeats! I get that way several days after ovulation and I'm so lethargic and tired too- wth?! Darn Hormones- it's that rise in progesterone and estrogen slows me down too- then right after my periods I ALWAYS have my best runs- then I time out where I'll likely fall for Marathons & Races , lol
    Dose up on Vitamin C- lots of hand washing *and lets face it we are moms and bound to likely get sick too* but you can still try not too- Best Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super 400's. I had a workout like that last week (20X400) but my goal pace was only 1:36-1:40. You are running them much faster. Also after that great 10K and then a 15 finishing that strong!!! You will have absolutely no trouble with a 3:15 if you stay healthy IMO. Super mile repeats yesterday too. 5 of them are HARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Nicole! Looks like you are killing the 400's! I really hope you are NOT getting sick. It is draining enough just to be caring for the rest of the family. Get as much rest as you can and maybe it will steer clear of you!
    Also, I agree with Jenn- this is great evidence for a super fast marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots and lots of 400s! And you hit your goal time on them all. In the pouring rain. Wow!
    I hope you aren't getting sick. See if you can get extra sleep. Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nicole, Not sure if you figured out the commenting problem. But I had it too and it has to do with your cookies. You have to make it so your cookies aren't enabled to keep your passwords. I can look it up if you need more info. Can't remember where I read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!