About me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

aaaahhhh...don't want to run 22 miles alone tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my first 22 miler. ....YOWZERS.
good news: I don't have to run it fast. it's an easy run..just to get in the 22 miles on soft surface.

Bad news: hmm where should I start?
1. it's supposed to be torrential rain tomorrow.
2. I am very likely running it alone:(:( and that FREAKS me out.
I am good at motivating myself for 22 miles if it's a RACE but not on rough hilly terrain in the woods alone.
if anyone out there is reading this who is willing to run 10miles with me, PM me!

feeling ANXIETY.
sigh. hate this.
I NEED to have a plan for these things or I can't sleep. I spoke to my coach earlier and we thought I could run with Becky, but she works, and now I can't get a hold of him. I don't have a plan on what time i'm running etc....and that drives me crazy. I am the kind of person that has to mentally prepare myself for a long run like this and go over it in my head before it happens.
I know. I'm a head case.

On an up note..only 28 days til my RACE!! woohoo!!

4 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't or don't run on Sunday because I'm going downtown to run with the Red Lizard group. I have 18 but I think they do a 12 miler so I'll run my 6 by myself and then finish with them. Just enjoy...take your phone and talk to a girlfriend...well, that doesn't work out very well if it is raining. Stupid rain. You'll be fine!! It will be good practice for running alone in the marathon. Well, I guess you have other people racing in that...is Joel or becky pacing you for that or are you just going with your family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow. I'd run part of it with you but my workout is a tempo run @ HM pace. I'll cross my fingers for no rain! Uggh yeah right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanka amanda!!!
    the marathon.....I am just going with the fam. I will be running SOLO! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I weren't halfway across the country I would run with you.

    Try to stay relaxed and calm, you will be fine. Your legs are strong! If you end up running alone it will be a good day to work on your mental focus while out there alone. Try to have fun, okay I know that sounds weird when paired with 22 mile run.

    I'm praying for you! As for the rain...maybe it'll hold off until you've got your run in.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!