About me

Half Marathon this weekend

Meg told me about this blogger and I love this post: http://californiatraining.blogspot.com/2011/04/race-day-magic.html
go check it out!
it got me thinking as she talked about "Race Day Magic" and I am excited for my race this weekend!
I have been nervous about whether or not I can run a 7:15 pace for 13.1 miles or not b/c I have only run 6-7 miles of easy pace all week BUT I'm done with that way of thinking.

I need to believe in the MONTHS of training I have put in. I have worked my butt off and I have been CONSISTENT for months. I have not skipped runs, or slacked. I have done exactly what I was supposed to and I am going to go into this half marathon with peace knowing that if my mind is in the right place, I can pull off that 1:35 and maybe even better;)
My last Half marathon was exactly a year ago and I ran 1:46:21.....so you better BELIEVE I'm gonna have a HUGE PR this weekend and I can't WAIT!

Sad part is I will be running under another name in the Corvallis Half marathon: "Emily Canfield" lol b/c the race was sold out and I had to dig to find someone who was injured to sell me their bib! either way, I get a chip and a bib and I get to run with my team!

Bring it on!