About me

good sleep + good comments= new perspective

well...not sure about the good sleep, but it was better than what I've been getting the last week!

Thank you so much for all your WISE comments on my last post......

I have thought about it, am over my tantrum and looking forward to following coaches protocol on Saturday for my Half Marathon!

To answer some questions...he has a few reasons for wanting me to run the race this way:
7:15 pace for first 10 miles
all out for last 5K.

1. I haven't been doing speed work and really preparing to race 13 miles all out
2. he doesn't want me to get injured
3. he said he would like to see how my body responds to this type of effort (maybe he is thinking ahead to Boston racing strategy, I don't know).
4. he said he would like me to save my "racing" effort for when i'm better prepared.


I totally get ALL these reasons and he's right. I don't want to get injured. I really have NO idea what the course is like...they say it's "mostly flat"...but Stephanie brought to my attention that lots of races SAY that but then that is all perspective...so who knows..maybe a 7:15 will feel easy , but maybe it will be tough for the course. I am going to go in this with my head in the space that I am going to run this strategically, holding back so that I am running COMFORTABLY uncomfortable and then see IF ...IF IF IF ...I am able to push those last 3 miles. I am more like a 'push the last half mile' kind of girl..so THIS will be challenging and I'm actually looking forward to it!!


Who else is racing this weekend????