About me

Saturday, October 15, 2011

battle wounds, nothing inspired, and a date night!

I really prefer to write when I am feeling super pumped about something! a great run, an ephiphany...SOMETHING...but I can't think of anything super exciting to share tonight. I am writing, however, because my husband went to his office to write up a few letters for work and I have FREE time on my hands! lol.
OH...AND b/c I want to wish everyone running tomorrow Good luck!! I know Dorothy and Amanda are! who else? for all of you running....GOOD LUCK! and I mean that. RUN YOUR HEARTS OUT!
I am so excited! I love to cheer people on from home:):)

SO...battle wounds....
I had the surgery on Thursday morning and haven't been allowed to run since.
Running helps curb my terrible eating cravings a bit...for example, in the last 2 days since i HAVE'NT run. I've eaten:
Thursday: After surgery went to FIVE Guys..(SO YUMMY!) and ate a cheese burger and fries.
Friday  night: went to cheese cake factory and ate: tex meg egg rolls (deep fried), pasta with cream sauce and cheese cake (not to mention the bread they bring you, which we got 3 servings of!)

(me with my adorable husband. he was SO tired, what a trooper for coming out with me for a date night:)) 

Saturday : 5 ginger snap cookies for breakfast....left over cheese cake, more cookies (snickerdoodles) later and so on. (why does everyone bring you cookies at once??!! i didn't make ANY of these delicious little snacks)

REALLY? who does this? Thank GOODNESS I have good metabolism. I am embarassed for telling you all that. pretty sick huh? and i'm sure I missed something else.
Why does my brain think when I have a few days off of running that I am allowed to eat like I just ran 5 consecutive marathons???!!!
SO UN.HEALTHY.

Last night, Friday, at the Cheesecake factory, it was a marathon celebration for Helen who ran 2:51 in Chicago. I did her makeup and she looked SO pretty! I LOVE doing my friends makeup:)

(Helen and Joel)

I also got to meet Michelle from Runn Princess Runn!!! she is so sweet and I loved meeting her! if you haven't checked out her blog, do so! she is SUPER inspiring!!!!
(Michelle, her daughter, me, Helen)

It was a fun night! congrats Helen!!


Okay, back to the SURGERY.... they stuck A LOT of needles in my leg to NUMB it...then inserted a fiber into my leg near my knee up to my groin. THEN turned it on and literally burned the main saphenous vein as they pulled it out. A few times they hit a spot that wasn't numb and I screamed! SO PAINFUL!. It made me think about people who get tortured. I know, sick, but it's true. I was so thankful they shut it off to do more numbing as soon as they heard me yelling in pain.
anyway...here's a pic I snapped of my thigh with all the friggin needle pricks. sick. the numbing was the worst part, it seemed to take forever!
The SAD part for me is that my actual vericose veins probably wont' go away. This surgery was just to FIX the CAUSE of the problem by shutting off the hose so to speak. Now in 3-6mos I have to go back and they will manually inject each yucky puffy bulgy vein. Oh and take another $1-2,000 of my money:( boo.

I am walking around in compression hose that are SO TIGHT I have to use RUBBER GLOVES to get them on. I kid you not. it's pretty awesome. they make me itchy.
I can't cross my legs either b/c that hurts.
The doctor told me it would be about 5-7 days before I would feel comfortable to run...I'm hoping to run by tuesday b/c I have a half marathon in exactly 14 days...not the best time to take a week off! geesh. bad planning on MY part. oh well...not the end of the world.

well, that's it folks...off to bed and excited to track some runners tomorrow! if you're racing tomorrow, let me know so I can track you too!!!!

night!
xx

10 comments:

  1. Awesome diet this week! Ha! You gotta have weeks like that. :) Your surgery sounds so weird but glad that it is going to take care of the problem. Great job on Helen's make up and cool that you got to meet Michelle. She's a sweetie. Thanks again for your words today. I'm feeling relaxed and ready to have fun tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you three look so beautiful! :) Was such a fun evening and so glad I got to meet you in real life! UGH! I cant say I am not jealous you ate all that :) I know what you mean about running curbing cravings or keeping you on track tho! You deserved it!!!! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot more intense of a procedure than I thought! I am glad you posted about it. I would still do it..having to do another procedure though. Eek. Seems like one trip should do it all. How long are you in the hose for? Until the next procedure?? I wore those prescription hose (the thigh length) for most of my third pregnancy, and even ran in them. :/ Be glad it's not summer!

    Congrats to Helen! That's a screaming time. Wow.

    Glad you got to do the meet-up with Michelle- I'd like to meet her too! Lovely lady she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodness I was wincing when you described your procedure. OUCH! Hope you feel better soon and can get back to running!

    Love all the food you ate, sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow ow ow! I work at the Dentist. I had 2 novocaine shots for my fillings last week and I grabbed his arm and yelled 2 profane words.....

    My best friend just had a surgery done for her veins-sounds a little bit different maybe but it worked great. Thank God for insurance as I think she said it was $30,000. AHHHHH!!!

    OK-where to start....Five guys. Yes, we won't even go there. Those french fries are like the death of me. Covered in salt....Yumm. Not by plan but by chance I've eaten at the Cheesecake factory before every marathon and now it's like a tradition! That dark bread is sinful. This last time I ordered my pasta and it was cold so I sent it back (nicely) and then it was cold again (like not even warm) so I sent it back again and the manager came out and apologized and gave me an ENTIRE pumpkin cheesecake. Now, just imagine where than went after I finished my lousy marathon- ha ha!!!

    Congrats to Helen, she looks great! I need to check out this Michelle!

    My two dear friends, Ana-Maria and Amanda are racing this morning. Yay, 14 days and I can have nervous energy for you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and grandmother both had this done... after all the healing process they feel SO much better. I remember my mom's legs would hurt so bad she could barley walk on them.

    You and your hubby are one HOT ass couple:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh boy..this is scaring me...I hope you get better soon. I am going to see my Vein Dr next week. This is making me a little nervous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, you two are such a gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like great food to me!! I just wish my metabolism was as forgiving... :-) I am anxious to hear how this surgery helps. I will have to give my sister a full report since she is going through something similar. Thanks for sharing! I hope you are feeling recovered and able to run soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch Nicole!!! Hoping you are healing as fast as you run speedy McSpeedster! You and your hubs certainly are a stunning couple.

    Can you do my make-up?! Holy talented! You have a knack for bringing out the most beautiful characteristics in others! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!