About me

week 5 recap: 40 miles! woot woot!

I did it! I ran 40 miles this week:) I ran everyday and felt great.....

well that's not entirely true...mentally I felt GREAT, physically a bit tired but that is to be expected when starting over I guess.
My goal was 36 miles
actual miles 40.
I really like how Britt does her recaps ..it is fun for me to read about what others are doing and experiencing, so I am going to follow suit.

Monday: 6.16 miles 7:42 pace
After my 7:45 pace for the hood to coast leg my legs were still a bit tired but I ran this good...had a big hill but was a great run overall. was lightly misting which actually felt fabulous:)

Tuesday: 8 miles 8:04 pace
Ran with Stephanie from Soggy Runner Girl. We met at the waterfront..such a beautiful run and so nice to meet with someone. makes my miles go by so fast!!
legs suddenly felt deadly tired the last mile. we always progressively get faster so i was dead by the end.

Wednesday: 6 miles 8:00 pace.
Ran this around the golf course on soft surface while my neice and daughter walked and played. Great run and went by fast!

Thursday: 4 miles 8:31 pace
Was feeling really tired and when I did the math knowing I was going to run with Stephanie the next 2 days and I didn't want to end up over 40 miles this week..I used this as  an easy recovery run and cut my  miles down to only 4. felt smart for doing this since I am always running a bit faster when with Steph:)

Friday: 8.28 miles 8:17 pace
Ran with Stephanie down town again. Had to be early as I had a wedding at 10. I could feel the miles catching up with me. My body is still in shock I think....especially since i had only run 10 miles last week. This run was  a bit slower...again tired legs the last mile.

Saturday: 7.5 miles 7:59 pace
Got up early....SO hard to get up this morning at 5:30am....but then remembered a FABULOUS dream I had about my friend Helen last night. She is running the womens Eugene half tomorrow and is hoping to PR on her recent 1:18:15. I dreamt she ran the sub 1:15 that is needed to qualify for the olympic trials in the marathon and it was the happiest dream! sort of strange and not sure WHY I had the dream but I was so genuinely excited for her. She is 31 and has just been reaching these amazing goals the last 2 yrs. It has inspired me and quite honestly is what got me out of bed this morning and stopped me from texting Stephanie to tell her I was going back to sleep:)

Had a great chat with Amanda today about fall training and meeting together for long runs and speed workouts. I love that girl and all her stinkin' enthusiasm! she is a JOY to be around. I am so blessed to have met these 2 ladies who are SO close by that I can run with. I have been on a quest for a regular running partner who runs my pace for OVER 2yrs....so thankful to have finally found some peeps!!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!!

How is your training going? what races do you have coming up??