About me

Sunday, April 17, 2011

DEVASTATED

Looks like I have Tibialis Anterior Tendonitis:(:(
and the outcome is not good.

pretty much it says I need to rest for a few WEEKS and then resume activity SLOWLY. also that I need to do physio, ultrasound, exercise, stay off my feet etc.

I think i will crawl into a hole.
I know there are other marathons but I sacrificed so much work and MONEY to train during this 10wks, My dad was coming to see me and I haven't seen him in so long and now I wont' see him at all.... and there is so much more. it's not just that I can't run.
I want to punch a wall. do you like that visualization? lol i mean really. I am just so angry and frustrated right now.

I thought I would be better in a few days but by reading the information in that link, I coudl possibly do long term damage if I try to run again.
knowing me and my stupid determination, I will probably try to run anyway....sigh.
I just don't know what to do:(



4 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Hopefully you'll stumble upon some good reads on proper treatment of this and have a quick rebound.

    Your health is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dealt with Tibialis Anterior Tendonitis and Achilles Tendonitis last year and Dr. Jennifer Cunha at http://www.gatewaysportsmedicine.com/
    helped get me pain free after over a year of trying to let rest heal me. I wish I hadn't waited so long thinking rest would help. She and her massage therapist took less than two months to have me back running. I would also say a lot of it was doing my prescribed exercises and stretching consistently and changing shoes.

    Get a plan and get to healing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Julie!!!
    My husband is a chiropractor so that is helpful!!1
    I'm not sure if he realizes how serious it it yet though. I did read about stretching and exercises on that link...is that similar to what they had you do? can you email me and tell me more details? also ...what did you do about your shoes...I think my shoes are okay but maybe not. i did wear my heavier shoes on Lief b/c it was rocky but maybe they were too heavy for 22 miles.
    nicolewag@gmail.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH I AM CRYING FOR YOU!!! GIRL......NO!!! I was trying to live through your running!! PLEASE DO NOT RUN ON IT....it is not worth it, until you are 100% better....learn from me. I am so sorry that your 22-miler was so crazy painful. You are SO STRONG and you have a low pain-tolerance....natural birth to a 10 lb baby-you are superwoman. PLEASE TEXT/EMAIL me and vent your little heart out. I FEEL FOR YOU and know exactly what you are going through! I LOVE YOU and I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!!!
    If it makes you feel better I am hoping to crawl into a hole all day tomorrow while everyone is running Boston:(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!