About me

Realistic Goals

well....I guess trying to do that workout that I listed in my previous post was not very "REALISTIC" for day 4 of running.
worst track workout I've had since I started running 2yrs ago lol...and back then I was at ground zero.
What I'm saying is I couldn't complete any of the intervals and I couldn't hit ANY of the times....not even close actually.

I resolved that my body just isn't ready today. I still put in a lot of miles in the POURING rain.
no...really. I have never run in rain that hard...especially for 90min straight.

I tried to do the first 2 mile interval. My goal was 13min. 6:30 pace:

My first mile was 6:30 exactly andthen the next lap I just plunged to a much slower pace..by lap 6 I couldn't keep going.


I did a recovery lap and then tried to do my 800m intervals.
I normally do my 800's at 3:00-3:05. My first one was 3:10...not bad but then the 2nd attempt I stopped after 3/4 of a lap. grrrr...now I am getting frustrated I'm thinking I should just go home.

Luckily, I had a good friend Tanja who was there running her intervals.
she told me to keep going but to just slow down.
So I thought I'd give it a try.
I ran 2 more 800's at 3:32...which is a 7:04 pace..but that was ALL I could do today and I just have to accept it.
sigh.

That's hard for me to swollow when I know I am supposed to be in week 3 of training and progressing quite nicely and i've taken such a HUGE step back, BUT I also remind myself:

1. I was really sick and JUST finished anti-biotics
2. I didn't run for almost 2.5wks
3. I am still getting better (glands are still swollen).
4. I have alot of extra personal things on my mind right now


SO....I am hopeful that next week I will be a bit better.

THE PLAN:
run the next 3 days VERY easy and slow, sleep lots and hope I can bust out a great 16mile progression run on saturday:):)