About me

Friday, March 4, 2011

Man down.

I really can't believe this. things were going so well.
I started getting sicker and sicker yesterday and by 9pm last night was in bed sick as a dog. sore throat, swollen glands, body aches..you know the kind where it hurts to even move? yeah that. blah. I was in bed for 18hrs!!!!!!!!! and slept most of that. My friend took my girls today, what a blessing that was, so I could sleep ALL DAY. I am feeling about 25% better but I missed 4 miles yesterday, 10 miles today and am missing 14 miles tomorrow:(
that means my first base week of 50 miles is only 21:(
I am supposed to jump into 60 miles next week (i've never run more than 50 and only did that once). ...so now I don't know where this leaves me. I haven't talked to my coach but i'm worried this just throws everything off. I was supposed to have 2 weeks of easy base building runs then 8.5 weeks of hard training. he says an individual always PEAKS about 8-10wks into training so we had it laid out perfectly....now I'm not sure what will happen.

this just sucks. I suppose I can be thankful it happened now and not the week before my marathon but still.
feeling a bit discouraged. PRAYING I am 100% by monday. If not, I won't be running b/c I don't want to make it worse.
anyway...that's where i'm at. fingers crossed 2 more days of rest and i'm back on my feet!

5 comments:

  1. It WILL all work out :)
    fingers crossed you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel horrible for you...sounds like you are miserable. get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk to your coach - you are so lucky to have one :) (not jealous at all haha) but your training plan is just that - a plan. Life happens along the way, Im sure he can readjust it to suit this interruption and you will be back on track in no time. Your determination will make it so. And I agree, your blessed with good friends and blessed its now and not closer to your run - I hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont know if you got the first posted comment.

    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss a day or two, you'll land among the stars. You are a star.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ladies!! it's now sunday and STILL not feeling good...I don't think i'll be ready to run til Tues or wed:(:( oh well...have to accept the things I cannot change, right?

    susan, thanks! I always shoot for the moon indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!