About me

Back in the saddle????!!!!

Okay...I'm so happy...I think I've got my groove back. I don't know if it was listening to my body yesterday and running those 7 miles at an 11 min pace or what, but I strapped on my shoes for my first run today and headed out in the rain to do 5 miles.
I was trying not to expect too much, so at first I never even looked at my watch to see what pace I was running...

after about 1/2 a mile I was feeling very easy and comfortable, not hurting, not gasping for hair and I looked down to see 8:45pace:) YAY! was all I could think!!!

I ran 5 miles at an 8:33 overall pace and the whole time my heart rate never went over 155, which is very abnormal since some times I was running at 7:30 or 7:45 pace.....

*** My coach had us all start this new supplement with Argenine in it ( you take it 1-2hr before all your runs)....which is supposed to lower your heart rate or something so you can race at a faster pace without your heart rate going into overdrive and it must work b/c NORMALLY my heart rate would have been at about 160-165 but it was at about 152 the whole time and didn't go up or down hardly at all. it was awesome. I felt very relaxed and in control, like I was just floating along:)

I am THRILLED!!!
I still got a few more miles to run this afternoon and hopefully they feel just as easy:)

I feel like I got my GROOVE back lol....tomorrow is another REALLY slow 6 miles and then hopefully I will feel great for my 16miler saturday!! woot woot!!