About me

New things....training things! and a few tidbits....

I have a cold. blah. My nose is dripping as I type this but I'm too lazy to get up...so wipe it on the sleeve. nice.
Got my schedule from Coach John today.....hence the title NEW THINGS;...
we are still just in base building mode but he does want me to start doing some light interval training...sort of like a warm up before marathon training begins...
anyway ...some of this is new to me...check this out:

Wed: speed: 2 miles warm up, 4 miles of 1 min hard, with 2 min easy/ recovery. Then 2 mile cool down.
**Never done this before....seems interesting...and scary lol. 4 miles seems like A LOT of 1 Minute intervals:):) I will have to ask him what exactly "hard" effort should be.

Sat: 8-10 miles with 2 warm up, 4-6 miles at tempo (7:30 pace), 2 mile cool down. The 4-6 miles will depend on how you're feeling and how much time u have.
**REALLY looking forward to this run.....I never did much tempo or fartleks in my last training and I really enjoy them:)

I am getting excited about Boston Training...excited about trying NEW THINGS for training!
I spoke to Amanda Briefly this morning and expressed my anxiety to her about training with a few of you fellow bloggers for the same race.Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about it too...but I know it will be impossible NOT to compare training and I don't WANT to be feeling bad b/c I'm only running 60 miles a week while some others are  running 70,80,90...and not that I SHOULD feel bad at all...but I'm sure with all the stress it will be easy to question whether or not I'm doing enough.
It was nice to talk about how some bodies do better with higher mileage and some do better with speed. Too bad I have no idea WHAT mine does better with??:/ but I KNOW I will not have time to peak at more than 70 miles. I will be ELATED if I can hit 70. I guess we'll just see how it goes. I have to trust that I can still run a great time and a great race on lower mileage. I haven't talked to John about it lately but I do remember him mentioning in the past that I would probably peak at 65-70 miles so we'll see:)
After our quick chat and then talking more about it with Steph who has been running 50 miles a week consistently and ran 2 amazing half marathon times this summer....I feel a bit better. I only hit 59 miles one week for myfirst marathon and i did great there so I am just gonna go with it and embrace whatever these legs give me on April 16th. It's nice not having too much pressure on myself.

Okay..one more random before I go blow my nose and hit the sack.....
here is my #1 Christmas wish:




This brand new Nike Jacket is AWESOME! Tried it on Saturday. I need it for the cold winter months ahead in which I will be training for Boston OUT SIDE.
I went to the New Nike store and of course had to take a picture in it so Steve would know EXACTLY what he was looking for:)
Reasons why I LOVE this jacket:
1. it is WARM
2. it is Wind proof
3. It has a built in face mask. Last year I looked like a ninja. black ski mask, beanie, gloves, tights etc...you get the idea. I like that this is built in...won't slip down and is yellow:) I don't look as much like a psycho serial killer.
4. it has a tie a draw string in the hood around the BACK of the head so it really stays ON your head! Love it!!! I hate running in the wind and your hood keeps falling down. Ingenius!
Next up: Murder Mystery Party "under the Big top"
We were each assigned circus characters...I was Mandy Small "The Skinny woman"
I had fun doing this crazy makeup:)
Steve was "The Strong Man".....he is looking very threatening here lol.
here are few more of my favorites from the night....
Steve always sets up a photobooth and we all go in and take pics with a
remote. This is our 3rd year doing it...always a blast!


Steve and our friend Jordan lol....

My best friend Lacey and her husband Aaron

My very good friend Tahsha! ( I was super impressed by this!)

Steve trying to "one up" Tahsha! ha ha...nice try honey...looks more like Kung Fu than Gymnastics, but whatev's!
The Strong Man and the Skinny woman= perfect pair;)