About me

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Deja Vu? Man Down. Wish I understood they "why's" better.....

well well well....lets see...this seems all too familar.....last year as I started training for my First marathon, I got deathly ill.....well not deathly...but so sick tha tI had to take 10 days off of running which meant I was behind and I had only 8.5 wks to train. it really took the wind out of my sails and I had a hard time getting back in the groove.

It's sort of been a concern in the back of my mind that this would happen again and here we are.
Boston Training starts Monday and I am so sick that John (my coach) just ordered me to tak the REST of the week OFF:( ugh..thhis is SO hard to do! I know that 4 days off won't kill me.....but 4 days off gets me so out of the "habit" that is always hard for me to get back.

I dont'understand why thisa happens to me? I said to Amanda today..." you have kids, Steph has kids ....why am I the only one that gets so sick??!!!". I have a bad track record since I started running. and trust me I take a TONNE Of vitamins. everything and the good kind too..in HIGH amounts.
It is SO frustrating.

I am hoping and praying that by taking this time to rest, I will be ready to go by Monday...or atleast early in the week next week.
I wish I didn't have to work all day saturday .....and night actually....b/c then I could REST. but I will stay in bed Sunday and hopefully I will be back on my feet!!!
Atleast this time around, I have 15wks of training and not 10....so if I lose a bit, I will still be okay.
John is always so positive and he said that maybe this was a blessing in disguise. I did say that i thought i should take adown week before I started training since I had 17 straight weeks of base and I'm going into Boston straight from here. I don't think if this didn't happen I would have done that so maybe this is the Lords way of stepping in and GIVING me a break! so I am going to try to embrace the rest in a positive light:)

Pray for me please!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I think you are right! This IS going to be a blessing! See you Monday for an awesome 16 miler :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right! This IS going to be a blessing! See you Monday for an awesome 16 miler :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better ASAP.....
    Being sick is soo miserable, but at least you can use this time to catch up on some awesome rest and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few days off will be a good thing! certainly won't hurt any. Although someone might have to duct tape me to get me to take more than two days in a row. That's where a coach comes in handy! :)

    Please get better soon! Also- I have some thoughts on the illness thing and recovery and fuel coming up soon in a post. I think they are all related.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for you and I'm sorry that you're under the weather. I know what you mean though about catching every bug at the worst time. I have a good immune system but my husband catches EVERYTHING and keeps it twice as long as the average person. So he'll have a cough for a month! It's just crazy.

    I hope you enjoy your rest a little bit, and you'll be back hitting the pavement before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you pretty girl! Praying for your health, strength, and lots of rest. Best wishes for your midnight run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks girls...Britt...no midnight run for me..more like a midnight NAP! ugh...woke up WORSE today than yesterday.......this better get better QUICK! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better soon! so excited for your Boston training. What an experience!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!