About me

The workout I've been WAITING for!....20 x 200m's.......

I just had to do a quick post b/c I feel so good  (AND TIRED) about my workout today!

The workout was 20 x 200m repeats with 200m jog recoveries.

This is THE Workout that I have been waiting for. Mostly bc John told me months ago during one of our discussions about marathon training that this was one of  his FAVORITE 5K workouts for marathon training. When it comes to speed work, the shorter the sprint, the better for me. I LOVE speed. I love quick turn over. I've had people stop me on the track before and tell me I run like a gazelle lol. I do have a long stride when I sprint and it just feels SO darn good....I can't describe it, but it's a feeling I LOVE....and crave.

 I did the 16 x 200m workout 2wks ago and was tired by the end, so I wondered how this would go today.
when I woke up, it was foggy and  freezing! I decided to  post pone the workout til the afternoon when it was supposed to be 50 and sunny:) SO glad i did!!
I headed the NIKE EMPLOYEE store where I collected a nice little loot of summer running clothes along with a new pair of running sun glasses:)

I know, I totally look like Desi's twin don't I?;) don't be a hater. 


I have never ran in sunglasses but I started thinking that if it IS hot and sunny in Boston, I dont' want to wear a  hat...they make me hotter....so I bought these babies! and in the hot sun today and dripping sweat, they didn't budge! I'm thinking it was the purchase of the day for sure.

So, I put these suckers on and headed out and did a 2mile warm up, some drills and landed on the bouncy red track!!

here's how the repeats went: 

01. 0:38
02. 0:41
03. 0:41
04. 0:40
05. 0:41
06. 0:40
07. 0:39
08. 0:40
09. 0:39
10. 0:40
11. 0:41
12. 0:41
13. 0:41
14. 0:38
15. 0:40
16. 0:38
17. 0:36*
18. 0:36*
19. 0:36*
20. 0:38

My garmin says these were all between 4:30 and 5:30 pace:)
I still can't believe that I ran those last 5 that fast....I was NOT planning or expecting that....I seriously had an adrenaline rush for those 3 36's.......maybe it was the screaming high school kids cheering for me?....MILDLY EMBARASSING!

This workout was a Huge confidence booster for me. I felt strong and fast. 
After getting and absolutely wonderful, uplifting email from jenn after my  last post...I no longer feel scared or doubtful about Boston...
as she said:
"OK-first off scrap looking at Boston as a challenging course and start viewing it as a chance for you to FLY!!!"

And I feel like that's how I've been looking at it the last few days. I'm READY. I'm STRONG. I'm DETERMINED. I'm  COURAGEOUS. I BELIEVE in myself. I am FAST.....AND. I. AM. PREPARED. 

Thank you JENN!! That email really impacted me in a VERY POSITIVE way! xx

I taped up the Mcmillan Calculators prediction times for me based on my current 10K time to my mirror. 
It gives me a predicted marathon time of 3:12:20. I'm not saying I am going to run that but I circled it and wrote "Believe!" beside it:) It's kinda strange b/c before I even started training,I had the number 3:12 stuck in my head whenever John would ask me what I would LIKE to run at Boston:D

I also taped up Jenn's inspiring, motivating email beside my bed!
NO MORE negative voices.......only happy, positive ones:)

Anyway....I am feeling happy and BLESSED!
I have found great companionship in wonderful beautiful women around me....and some WONDERFUL running partners....speaking of which, I HAD to share this adorable picture of Amanda! This is from the race photos last week.....when they asked Amanda who she wanted to dedicate her win to, she pointed to me:) it was REALLY cute and sweet! I think she just said that b/c I was the sorry butt out there with her in the freezing cold! ha ha...
 I think they caught her cute spunky personality just PERFECTLY in this pic below! when I think of Amanda...this would be the visual I get in my head. This girl is SO easy to Love! 




And then there's me....i was laughing and making a joke b/c when they asked me I was like "well..if  I don't dedicate it to Amanda I look like  a bad friend don't I? Lol..and if I DO, I just look like I'm copying her! " ha ha... lose-lose situation for me! 
it was all in good fun:)

Well, I have to get up for a wedding at 6am tomorrow...so off to bed...these legs are sleepy after all those 200's:):) 
peace out friends!
Run hard tomorrow. Make it count!