About me

Saturday, March 3, 2012

2 PR's in 2 Weeks......ummm....I think that equals pretty friggin fabulous day!

Today I won my first race!
Champoeg 10K
 40:59!!!!
all I can say is sorry to the guy in front of me who stopped right at the finish line..dude..I wasn't gonna let that 1 second steal my glory! I pretty much ran him over, lol. but really? Move out of the WAY! ha!

Here's a few pics from the day....recap later...a nap is screaming my name....


I ended up wearing these shorts..but long sleeve shirt instead b/c I didn't have time to change after my warm up!
learning experience: These shorts are NOT compression...I felt like My butt was jiggling all over the place! I'm sure the guys behind me got a show! LOL


Billy, the race director, AND friend! comped me in on a sold out race! thanks Billy!!


 Pre Race warm up with my girl!


Accepting my award for 1st place!! woohoo!!
It was so weird to be the "Fast girl" today...everyone was SO nice...
when I was in the bathroom stall 2 ladies were talking about me and when I came out
they awkwardly said, "oh, it's you!" lol...like I was famous, it was half funny, half embarassing. ...
and 40:59 isn't EVEN THAT FAST! ha ha ha...


Amanda and I with our awards:) Amanda won the 30K!


today was just a a GREAT GREAT day...I'm gonna go savor in it a while longer before the day is over....

peace out friends!


16 comments:

  1. awesome awesome job! You are amazing! Huge congrats my super fast friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I cant wait until I run in the morning for the Rock n Roll New Orleans half marathon!!!! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats lady!! that is super awesome and i'm sure an amazing feeling! great job rocking your training lately, and yay for double wins with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Pretty Girls ♥ P.s. I love that you both are such strong runners and friends and do this together- I just adore that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a SUPER job today, Nicole! Sold out? Very nice that you were still able to get in.

    I don't think I would let anyone stand between me and one second either. That is just too funny! Hope you didn't snow plow him. Looking forward to more info on the race. Savor the win and get ready for MANY more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing bc you are so small and the thought of you running over some guy is hilarious. I totally see how it can happen; and believe me, I would do the same thing, yes, get out of the WAY!!!!

    Super job. You are getting faster and faster and ready for a super Boston marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment. Two PRs in two weeks is worth some major bragging rights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a smashing new PR! You are doing so amazing right now, I am so happy for you! Great job running that guy over, maybe next time he will be smart enough to get the heck out of the way!

    Looks like you and the ever amazing Amanda had a great time!

    I am still two weeks away from my first race in FOREVER and it is only a 5k, but I am excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!!!!!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! Your training is doing awesome things for you!!!! You are going sub 40 this year. I see it happening. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats congrats to you and Amanda, what an amazing day!! You earned that nap- hope it was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job!!!!! That's a huge PR, and you're still just scratching the surface of your full potential. It's so fun following you. I'd die a happy lady running one race that fast. Can't wait to see what you do next :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AAAAHHH congrats on such a fabulous, speedy time, I am so proud of you!! Yay for 1st woman overall, you TOTALLY deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I am pretty amazed that you ran a 40:59 after running 75 miles+ in a week... Who does that?!! You will easily break 40 minutes next the next time you race a 10K if you actually tapered. I know that the 10K isn't your main focus right now but one of these days you can really go for it! Congrats on another PR!! You are going to be ready for Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo! That is a fabulous time. Well Done! I am so happy for you. I wish I had some amazing women like you and Amanda in my hood to run with :-) You guys rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats congrats congrats!! That's so fast, way to win! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!