About me

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Marathon Training Schedule


I just rec'd the first draft of my FULL MARATHON training. I am feeling really excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. My first week is 50 miles and I have 5 weeks throughout that I reach up to 65 miles a week. I have never run that much in my life!! My mind is already racing about HOW I am going to complete this 10.5week training and also maintain my life and responsibilities as a wife, mother and business owner.

I feel such a strong sense of will and fight though. I WANT this more than anything. I want to run a marathon and I want to run it at the BEST Possible potential I can.

I want to exceed my own goals and expectations. I want to feel that rush of crossing the finish line after running 26.2 miles of my very best effort. I want to WIN.

The Win won't be necessarily be finishing first, thought that would be nice, but it will be finishing what I started. knowing I worked my butt off for 10wks and then get to reap the rewards of finishing....finishing STRONG.

Since I was a little girl, I've had the heart of a runner....too bad I waited so long to persue it...but I can't dwell on that now. I have been working with my coach for 5months and have exceeded His and My expectations. I have already achieved all the goals I had set.....I thought they would take me well over a year to hit. I feel confident that this is a gift the Lord has given me. It's hard to explain but when I'm running...more specifically racing, I feel something change inside me.....it's such a wonderful feeling. I feel like I'm doing something I was born to do:)

When I decided 3 mo's ago I wanted to run a full marathon my goal was to TRY and qualify for Boston in 3:40:00......but now...since I've been running more and seen more of my potential, my goal is to go under 3:20:00....and I reserve the right to change that again!:):)
the other day Joel said to me "you are in 3:17:00 marathon shape right now" lol...I thoguht to myself "heck NO!"....(but I WILL be!).

This is a dream for me. I always said "some day I'll run a marathon" but so often those "somedays" never turn into anything. I'm super excited that I am making my goals and dreams into a reality:)
I get all fired up inside when I think about it.
My challenge will be to stay focussed and committed and still get everything else done in my life.

My business is moving into a new studio in 2wks and we have so much going on...but I can do it. I plan to SLEEP A LOT so don't be offended friends if I don't come out much for the next 2.5 months and I plan to EAT A LOT (lol), and I plan to PRAY A LOT.

so...there it is. my first blog about this fantastic journey I'm about to embark on.

Marathon, Here I COME!!!!


18 comments:

  1. Nicole, you are amazing. Very talented! I look forward to see more of you. Working with Joel was probably the best decision in your running history. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanja!!! get ready for some runnin' sister! I hope we can do alot of my runs together the next 2 plus months:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so excited to follow your progress Nicole! You are so inspiring :) Keep it up - of course you can do it! I love your determination! You go for it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Nicole! I have seen that drive in you, you are a very determined and talented runner! So excited to watch your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole if you need a sitter to go run or something Aphia and I can could come over and play. Starting March 15th I have a week and a half off, so I am free those weeks if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!! Jenn...THANK YOU! I wrote it on my schedule and I will probably call you as I have a 18mile run that friday March18. xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1 mile at a time. You will get through your training, I know you can do it. I will always be up for the gym, or some slow (fast for me) Glendoveer miles w. ya. Your positive attitude will take you far! Stay Optimistic...26.2...here u come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to talk to you! Hope you don't mind that I called instead of e-mailed. Sometimes it is easier and sometimes not but today was one of those days it was easier. i'm excited to follow your progress and see you reach your goals! Hope to meet you someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OBSESSED with your blog already:) Girl you have GOT this marathon. You are crazy speedy and I think you will surprise yourself and get a sub 3:17. My goal for my first was to just finish.....I trained hard and got a 3:20....YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Are you in Utah? I am a mormon too:) Amanda told me you were mormon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda..I am in Portland but LOTS of my friends, including my BEST friend are in Utah:(
    thanks for the encouragement, you are awesome!!!
    I will be excited to see what I can do but again...just happy to finish lol (yeah right!) ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops I called you Amanda, sorry!! I meant Janae...right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amanda, I'm SO glad you called and WE WILL meet up soon, promise!! it will be fun to do an EASY SLOW run ( I have LOTS of those on my schedule) and chat! woohoo...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm visiting from Amanda's blog and I'm SO excited for you! You WILL be ready for that 3:17, I just know it! Keep blogging, I'd love to read more about your training!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amanda from Runninghood sent me over. Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also coming over from Amanda's blog! Wowzer-Sub 3:17 would be freakin' AWESOME for a first marathon! Go for it girl!! Looking forward to following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you girls are crazy!! I am going for a 3:20-25....a 3:17 would be amazing but not counting on it...that is what My coach said, not me! lol
    thanks for all the love you are all so supportive...I'm excited to get started next week...just hope the SNOW goes away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drive, speed and determination... it's going to happen for you, for sure :)

    It'll be fun to follow this wickedly wild trip you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm visiting from Amanda's blog. I'm in Portland, too :-)
    Looking forward to following your journey!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!