About me

Monday, February 28, 2011

T-minus 1 day

Well this post probably won’t be as good as the one I had typed up last night b/c I spent an hour on it and don’t have an hour this morning….but here we go….

This week has been my WEEK OFF!! Yes, I have not a run a single mile and have enjoyed EVERY SECOND OF IT!!...especially since we’ve had some freak show weather…..FREEZING COLD and snow and WAY TOO MUCH rain….blah!
I kept thinking “Thank God I am not running in this!” somehow I always manage to miss the worst weather on my break:):)…
Every cycle of training my coach makes us take AT LEAST a week off. At first I was skeptical. After my first 3mo block from Sept-December he made me take 10 days off. I was worried I would lost lots of progress but he assured me I wouldn’t. After coming back..within 2 weeks of just easy runs I was running faster than ever.

STRESS+RECOVERY= PROGRESS (SPEED).

It’s true. It works. Give yourself a break after each training cycle so your body can absorb what you’ve done.
If you’ve raced a marathon Hard he makes us take 2weeks.

Anyway….This weekend was my last weekend before I start MARATHON TRAINING!! WOOHOOO….

And I made sure to end it on a bang;) and eats LOTS OF DELICIOUS FOOD!
Steve and I went away WITHOUT KIDS overnight for our anniversary. (pics below). I did write a whole bunch about it in my last post but am too lazy..so I will just put captions under the pictures to explain our wonderful date away.
I am so excited to start my training…only 2.5 months til the WINDERMERE MARATHON!!
Oh…speaking of which…last year the top 3 female finishers had times between 3:04 and 3:20..think I could make TOP 3?? Wouldn’t that be AWESOME???!!!

Okay...so after my wedding on Saturday morning, we headed out! first stop:

Grilled Cheese Grill.....

You eat on a bus...and have the most delicious Grilled Cheese sandwhiches...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Grilled Cheese sandwiches...one of my FAVORITE

foods by far.

I dont' even know what all was in Steve's but it was GOOD!

I had DILL PICKLES and onion...oh my word. HEAVEN.


We checked into the hotel and got ready for Dinner and a movie:)

Okay..so before the movie...we went shopping...we walked into Banana Republic

and the lady hands us one of those coupon things where usually you get no more than 10% off...

but we hit the JACKPOT and got 50% of our ENTIRE PURCHASE! so we loaded up! it was SO fun to shop without kids...oh my gosh, what a blessed experience! $500 later (that is AFTER the 50% discount) we walked out with 3 FULL bages of new clothes:):):) a womens dream. I LOVE to shop! so here's me in my new shirt and new belt:)

Me and my handsome husband

Isn't he cute?:)

AT Jakes Bar and Grill eating the most delicious pot roast!

Afterward we went and saw "The Kings Speech"...you must see, a great movie!!!

we finished the night with starbucks hot chocolate, a walk downtown and a 10 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep!

BLISS.

what a way to finish my week off:)

8 comments:

  1. that sandwich sounds amazing! pickles and onion are right up my alley. Looks like you had and awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful date! And I agree that breaks or down weeks are good! Today is my day off and I couldn't be more thankful for that. I'm worn down. and Yes yes yes you can make top 3! you could win it girl! :) I just saw someone else who is running that marathon....Now I can't think of it. Hope you have a happy Monday and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your hubby are too cute. I think that you look a bit like Paula Radcliffe, maybe you two have the same leg speed too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!!
    Britt (is that your name?)...funny you should say that...my coach, Joel, is ALWAYS telling me taht I am Paula's twin and that I run exactly like her to in the way that I carry my body and hold my arms....lets HOPE I have speed like her LOL...yeah right...that's a pipe dream! ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like the perfect weekend! happy for you that you had a great getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no doubt in my mind you can make top 3....

    looks like a fantastic anniversary - I love grilled cheese sandwiches too! Glad you guys got a night away AND that you got to end your relaxing week with some time with Steve! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uninterrupted sleep... wow. I think it's been 5 years since I experienced that. Oh wait... it's been longer.

    Thinking that break idea of your coach's is spot on. Top 3? Absolutely!

    You and your husband are such a striking couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just came across your blog :) so cute! you and your hubby are adorable :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!