About me

I ran! I ran! I RAN!!!! 6 weeks and 3days later.....

I got my X-rays yesterday and took them to my doctor today...everything looks clear!!!!
SOOOOO....he gave me the okay to RUN A HALF MILE! not much but it is something....

he told me to walk .25mi then jog .50mi  at an 8:30 pace and then walk another .25....so that's what I did and I had ZERO pain!!!!!


I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!
The plan is to just try this same thing every other day for the next week and then go from there!!

here's my happy face on the Treadmill tonight!!!
I didn't even have time to break a sweat but it just felt SOOOO good to run!


I have learned through this experience and especially the last 2wks that there are LOTS of other cross training methods that I LOVE and I don't want to give them up! ( I honestly didnt' expect to feel this way).  I think this is perfect since I prob won't run over 50miles a week for at least the next year.
I am excited to keep working on my cross fit and my spinning and turn this scrawny body into a sculpted one:)!

Today I went to Sara's Chisel class where we did rotating circuits...it was TOUGH..then after that she dragged me onto the "Gauntlet" as she calls it...it's the stair/escalator machine thingy....I was sweating like you would NOT believe! see for yourself: yuck!

So, I have been doing all sort of different things the last 2wks to target diff muscles and I LOVE it! I am already feeling more fit. I have gained 3lbs and i'm HOPING it's muscle;) lol....I'm kidding actually I really don't care how much I weigh as Long as I'm fit. I don't even own a scale.........and lets be honest I've been eating a lot more cheeseburgers and ice cream the last 2 wks also so it could just be that;)

I feel like this injury was a blessing in disguise b/c I NEVER would have tried all these other things if it hadn't been for not being able to run again. Amanda was right when she said 6wks ago "When one door closes, another door opens!"....well I feel like MANY doors have opened! It's really hard to see it in the beginning....time off from what you love can seem so terrible...but if you force yourself to get out there and try something new you just might find something you LOVE!
* I have learned that running is not EVERYTHING to me! If I couldn't run anymore, i'd be OKAY. I just love to exercise! I love to sweat! I love to push my body and there are LOTS of ways to do that!!


I really feel in my heart like I will be a much better, more well-rounded, athlete a year from now b/c of this:)
so grateful!!
I can already feel my thighs/quads getting bigger and stronger and my arms and abs as well. Running was never going to get me toned the way I want to be so adding on cross fit and Sara (she's my secret weapon) it is!!!!
cheers friends!